1st International Conference on ICT in Education in Albania
“The present and the future of ICT in Education”
Vlora, 15 June 2012
The first international conference on ICT in Education in Albania was held in Vlora city on 15 June 2012, organized by Tre Con IT EPICT Albania in collaboration with University “Pavaresia” and Ministry of Education and Sciences. The event was supported in partnership with the Albanian Information Technology Association, the University “Ismail Qemali”, the Polytechnic University of Tirana, etc.
The integration of ICT in education was the main objective of the conference. About 60 papers and poster works, distributed in five sessions, were submitted. In the opening Session, the Deputy Minister of Education and Sciences, Mrs. Nora Malaj, welcomed the participants to the conference.
2nd International Conference on ICT in Education in Albania
“Education, ICT and Knowledge Society”
Vlora, 1-2 July 2013
The goal of the ICTEA-2 was to stay up-to-date on emerging trends and provide a forum for discussion on: the role and the use of ICT in education in Albania, new research on ICT and associated services, long term theories about the use of ICT in education, the evaluation of the most relevant strategies in national and international research, exchanging experiences on special education and cross-disciplinary areas of Education.
About 60 papers and poster works, distributed in ten sessions, were submitted. In the opening Session, Prof. Betim Çiço, Conference Chairman, the Deputy Minister of Education and Sciences, Mrs. Nora Malaj, welcomed the participants to the conference. Prior to the start of the conference sessions, the guest keynote speaker Prof. Carlos Ripol of the Polytechnic University of Valencia, delivered a presentation about “The impact of ICT In Education”.
- Academic Advising and Counseling
- Adult Education
- Curriculum, Research and Development
- Distance Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Technology
- Education Policy and Leadership
- Elementary Education
- Health Education
- Higher Education
- Human Resource Development
- Language Education
- Mathematics Education
- Reading Education
- Science Education
- Secondary Education
- Social Studies Education
- Special Education
- Teacher Education
- Cross-disciplinary areas of Education
Call for papers: 3rd INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE on
"ICT Education, Knowledge Society and Open Governance",
Tirana, Albania ICTEA 2014
Polytechnic University of Tirana, Tirane, Albania
On behalf of the organizing committee, we are pleased to invite you to participate in the 3rd ICTEA Conference on - "ICT Education, Knowledge Society and Open Governance", Tirana, Albania .
In partnership with :
Ministry of Education and Sports, Albania
Ministry of Innovation and Public Administration, Albania
NAEC- National Authority for Electronic Certification, Albania
National Agency of Information Society, Albania
PROTIK-ICT resource Center, Albania
UNIC-Research and Educational Centre, Ministry of Education, Denmark
Polytechnic University of Tirana, Department of Computer Engineering, Albania
British Council Albania
University Epoka, Albania
University Pavaresia, Albania
University Ismail Qemali of Vlora, Department of Computer Sciences, Albania
Center of Education and Research-EPICT Albania
Auleda-The Local Economic Development Agency , Albania
Under the auspices of the European project - PITAGORA with partners: S.I.PRO SIPRO, Local Development Agency-Ferrara , Italy Lepida, Regional Government and Public Administrations of the Region Emiglia Romagna Italy, Municipality of Udine, Italy, Department of Innovation, Province of Pescara, public body State, Region and Municipalities, Italy , CCIAA, The Chamber of Commerce of Bari, DUNEA, Regional Development Agency Dubrovnik Neretva County, Kroacia, San Polo Ltd, Croatia.
City of Split, BSC Zenica Doboj, Business Service Canter of Zenica-Doboj Canton, KSJP BUDVA, Public Utility and Housing Enterprise BUDVA , Montenegro, AULEDA, Albania
CCIT, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tirana, Albania.
Modern societies have been affected by ICTs, which have undoubtedly caused change in the key priorities of these knowledge societies in terms of critical aspects of human life (e.g. health, education, culture, science, business, etc.) A knowledge-based society refers to the type of society that is needed to compete and succeed in the changing economic and political dynamics of the modern world. It refers to societies that are well educated, and who therefore rely on the knowledge of their citizens to drive the innovation, entrepreneurship and dynamism of that society and economy.
For this reason the goal of the ICTEA-3 is to stay up-to-date on emerging trends and provide a forum for discussion on the above topics.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceeding abstract book with ISBN. It will be distributed to all conference participants at the Conference.
Selected papers will be published in the Annual Journal of Conference Papers (ISSN 2304-5442).
Abstract submission for 3nd ICTEA Conference on - "ICT Education, Knowledge Society and Open Governance", Tirana, Albania, is now open.
Conference themes include :
- Foundations of e-government and e-governance research including theories, standards of inquiry, methods and frameworks as well as multi- and interdisciplinary approaches to e- government research
- Open innovation, innovation management, transparency, transformation and change management, and complexity management in shaping public sector advancements as well as future directions in research and practice
- Data Science in government including predictive and pattern modeling on big and open data (technical challenges, information quality, implementation considerations, policy implications, among others)
- Smart government and smart governance including smart cities, smart grids, and electric mobility
- Design approaches for ICT solutions in the public sector, including stakeholder engagement, citizen co-creation, and crowd sourcing
- Transformative government, lean government, cloud computing, open government data, participative governance, digital divide, universal and mobile access, trust, security, identity, interoperability, and social media among others
- E-government architecture and project success and failure cases
- E-government-related policy issues including modeling and simulation and use of social media
- ICT usage, acceptance, measurement, benchmarking, benefit management and performance of technology-supported public sector activities
- Legal compliance, knowledge rules, legal shaping and legal impact of innovative government services provision
- Particular domains of study in e-government and e-governance such as emergency and disasterresponse management, policy making, law enforcement, compliance and criminal justice
- Retaining public sector experiences, in developed and developing countries
- Consequences and implications for e-government from wide-ranging surveillance and spying of digital communication
- Education, human resources, training courses, and curricula
- Pedagogy in the evolving tech environment
- The architecture of learning; accessibility; the evolution of the classroom
- Instructional design and delivery; evaluation and assessment
- Strategies and tools for teaching and learning, simulations and gaming
- Informal, non formal and formal adult education
- Multi-grade education
- Open/Distance learning